Do you like this story?
In this tutorial we will see how to setup a custom domain for Blogger in your Namecheap account. Using a custom domain with Blogger will be very useful especially when having a long blogspot sub-domain URL which is not search engine friendly or not reflecting the topics of your blog. The standard Blogspot sub-domain URL is as follows:
In this tutorial we will help you redirect this URL to a custom domain as follows:
1. Redirecting Your Custom Domain To Blogger
- Login to your namecheap account and under the MY ACCOUNT menu, select Manage Domains:
- Click now the domain you want to redirect to Blogger:
- In the left sidebar, there is an option called "All Host Records", click it. If it is not available, then you have to switch DNS back to Namecheap nameservers, then this option will show up.
- Enter now these details as shown in the screenshot given below (replace the word "domain" with your own domain name):
HOST NAME IP ADDRESS/URL RECORD TYPE TTL
@ http://www.domain.com/ URL Redirect 1800
www ghs.google.com. CNAME (Alias) 1800
Under SUB-DOMAIN SETTINGS, enter also the following details (domain must be naked without www.):
domain.com 22.214.171.124 A (Address) 1800
domain.com 126.96.36.199 A (Address) 1800
domain.com 188.8.131.52 A (Address) 1800
domain.com 184.108.40.206 A (Address) 1800
Save changes and wait now until the DNS is fully propagated. It may take from two hours up to 48 hours, this depends on your ISP.
2. Configuring Your Custom Domain In Blogger
- Sign in now to your Blogger account and click the blog you want to use a custom domain with, then move to the Settings page and click Publishing:
- Click he link that says "Switch to: Custom Domain":
- Click now this link: Switch to advanced settings
- Enter now your domain name in the provided field and save your changes:
You have now added a custom domain! Your blogspot sub-domain will now redirect automatically to your new custom domain. Your blog posts will also be redirected automatically, so don't worry.