Do you like this story?
In this tutorial, we will see how to apply the neon effect on text using The Gimp software. Here is the image that we are going to realize:
1. Launch Gimp, click File > New, enter 300 for width and 250 for height, for example, then click OK.
2. In your toolbox, click Text tool and insert a text of your choice having a big size. For my part, I will insert SpoTHT as text. I will select 68 px as text size and Century Gothic Bold as font.
3. To apply the neon effect on your text, open Filters > Alpha to Logo > Neon.
4. In the window that pops-up, select neon effect size in pixels, and background & glow colors. If you want to add shadow, check on Create shadow, then click OK.
5. Here is the picture I got: