In this tutorial, we will see how you can easily upgrade from your current Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx) to Ubuntu 10.10 Beta. Since Ubuntu 10.10 is still a beta, we don't recommend installing it on a machine intended for any type of business.
1. Press ALT + F2 and type the following command:
Click Run to open the Update Manager window.
2. At the top of the window, you will see a notification saying that "New Ubuntu release '10.10' is available". Click the Upgrade button.
3. A welcome window pops-up, click Upgrade.
Next follow the rest of the upgrade wizard. You must provide your root password if prompted.
4. Another window will pop-up, click Start Upgrade.
5. Wait now until the upgrading process comes to an end, then reboot your computer. Ubuntu 10.10 Beta is now installed and ready for use. Enjoy!